What happens when I call SouthDoc?
- Your call will be answered by a member of staff from the SouthDoc base and you will be asked to give details of the patient and a contact phone number. If you have a medical card you will be asked for the number and expiry date.
- A Triage Nurse will ring you back as soon as possible thereafter. The Nurse will gather all the relevant medical information and make an assessment which will lead to one of the following:
- If the details given suggest a minor medical problem, the Nurse will give advice to the patient/guardian.
- Alternatively, a Doctor may ring back to discuss the issue and give advice.
- If you need to see a Doctor, the next available appointment will be offered for the patient to attend a doctor at the SouthDoc centre nearest to you.
- For patients who are seriously ill or suffer from lack of mobility, a house call may be offered.
- If the situation is very urgent, an ambulance may be called on your behalf.
- After your consultation, details will be sent to your own GP by the following morning.